Undercut: Rojopelli

Today I went to the hair dressers. A place called Rojopelli and it was my first ever time getting my hair cut in a hair dressers, or anything in them at all. I was nervous and tripped over the seat. It was sad.

When I told the women what I wanted she looked worried. I don’t know if it was because she had never shaved someone’s head before or shaved a girls hair before but she went and spoke quietly to the hair dresser. It didn’t help at all my nervousness.

I wasn’t nervous at all about the haircut as I knew exactly what I wanted and didn’t think any screw ups would be that horrible. Easily fixed with a death-hawk. I think she was worried that I would cry or something in reaction to my hair being shaven as I remember her saying, “I’m only cutting this little section of hair okay?” in an attempt to make me feel less nervous. I told her I wanted it larger. I guess I was nervous because I have horrible memories of my hair which I never EVER ever want to speak about. But also I haven’t left the house to do something other than school in a long time.

Anyway, it was shaved to the second lowest blade, I think it was called a number two and was three or four millimetres. I absolutely love it and it’s a lot easier to cover than I thought! Getting your head shaved feels very vibrational (hehe!) and afterwards I had a horrible migraine but that’s probably because I didn’t take my medication this morning.

Overall, today was pretty good. My mum and I, after going to the hair dressers went thrifting and I met some of my mums friends that gave me a lot of complements. I picked up quite a lot. We also went to place called Jamaican Blue which is a really nice coffee shop. Though the coffee was pretty average compared to the cakes.

How was your day?
-Sary

1. July 30, 2011 / 8:46 am

That is such a beautiful haircut.I wish I could do something similar,but sadly I have a job which requires to look normal.
    Have fun with that amazing hair cut

2. July 30, 2011 / 8:47 am

Ditto with Kitty – do ett 🙂

Was your mum cool with it? I bet mine would of had a fit. and then died. then come back to life to yell at me.

3. July 30, 2011 / 9:03 am

Chinchillas: It's actually really easy to cover though! Unless of course you need to keep your hair out of your face. Also, thank you!

Zodiac: My mum took me to get it done, she even paid for it. Of course she was a little worried at first that it might not suit me but she absolutely loves it!

Death hawk would be a bit different considering it's only a quarter of my head. D:

4. July 30, 2011 / 9:41 am

yes i took sary to have her hair done and yes i love it if i was game enough id try one of those cuts myself ,i think ill just stick to my black clothes and boots…

5. July 30, 2011 / 12:24 pm

I think women should have their hair properly without any cutting… She look smart in their proper hair.

6. July 30, 2011 / 12:39 pm

And that's your opinion. I really like this hair style so I'll stick with it. Besides there is no such thing as 'proper hair'.

Proper hair depends on the year, the culture, the area, the country, the person. In the sixty's the proper thing was to cut your hair short into a bob or pixie cut for example.

7. July 30, 2011 / 12:48 pm

Oh, wait. He's a bot. u.u -fail-

8. July 30, 2011 / 4:12 pm

I always wanted to try an undercut, but I don't have the guts, haha. Kudos!!

9. July 30, 2011 / 5:59 pm

@ atthenna – COOL MUM ALERT. OMG.

@ Sary – I love it, I really really love it! I am so tempted to run and get my clippers now. <33333

10. July 31, 2011 / 9:39 am

Some years ago, I thought about an undercut too.
    But I've never done it.

Now my style changed a lot and it wouldn't look good on me.

But I still remember that time!

11. July 31, 2011 / 10:23 am

I knew it would look fantastic! Oh I love it soo much!

And have fun perfecting your deathhawk technique 😛 Took me a little while, but then again I'm slightly ..'special' 😛

12. July 31, 2011 / 11:05 am