Monthly Theme: How To Add A Touch of Flowers to a Dark Ensemble

Floral prints aren’t something that is typically considered totally Gawth but I’d have to disagree with this point. Flowers aren’t something that should be gawked at with disapproval it should be celebrated! Here are some tips to add a little bit of life to your afterlife outfit!

• Red roses are a romantic Goth’s stereotypical best friend. Of course there are more dark flowers than just this, be creative!
  • Don’t forget lace! Good quality lace comes in all kinds of patterns. A common style being rose printed lace. It might be just what you need to spice up at jabot you’ve been working on, or add some simplistic elegance with some lace stockings in a flower pattern. Other idea’s include mourning veils, lace gloves, etc.
  • A top-hat adorned with flowers! Must I add more?
  • Flower hair-adornments. A metal comb with flower engravings sounds gorgeous and not too overwhelming.
  • The Mexican Day of the Dead is typically represented with lots of colourful flowers. Typically marigolds, a type of flower, are used in honour of the dead.  Lots of jewellery contains this as well! I for one absolutely love Day of the Dead themed jewellery.
Best wishes,
-Sary Walrus
Link

1. Lady C
    April 1, 2012 / 7:51 am

Those are fabulous earrings! I love both flowers and Día de los Muertos. 🙂
    And you're so right in pointing out that flowers and goth go together pretty well!

2. Raphael
    April 1, 2012 / 12:50 pm

Ah, the Day of the Dead. <3 Such interesting imagery. Those earrings are a hilarious example, something funky and macabre at the same time.

3. Kuro Okami
    April 1, 2012 / 1:53 pm

Nice! The theme of Dia de los Muertos~ For some reason it's so much fun to draw this motif too! These earrings are very nice :3 The adding of the flowers is awesome :o! You made these??

4. April 1, 2012 / 3:40 pm

I have to make a hat! A little top hat with big black roses on, wouldn't that be nice? Those ear dangles are so damn cute!!

5. April 1, 2012 / 7:49 pm

oooh. grabby hands on those earrings!!! 🙂

6. JurassicGoth
    April 1, 2012 / 11:40 pm

I've seen those skulls in the bead shop and thought they were fabulous but I didn't know what I'd do with them. Those earrings are a great idea, I'd never have thought of adding roses to the eyes…lovely 🙂

7. Maryam Qawiyy
    April 2, 2012 / 12:35 am

Yes, Day of the Dead-related things attract me…though I'm not much for all that color…! It's beautiful, though.

8. VictorianKitty
    April 2, 2012 / 4:45 pm

I was hoping someone would point out the beauty of floral in lace. 🙂 And YES to red roses!!

9. heather phillips
    April 2, 2012 / 9:20 pm

Awesome accessories!
    I love it. I just might make myself some from clay or something.
    High end floral lace edging would be great as a choker with some petite little calaveras dangling from it. Something like this, maybe? http://www.etsy.com/listing/55819261/5cm-victorian-black-embroidered-lace
    (I have nothing to do with etsy, btw. I just did a google image search and that was what most fit my mental image.)
    Thanks 🙂

10. hair extensions uk
    June 6, 2012 / 7:36 am

A few simple steps you can get this look, you will be satisfied with your new look! If you are not the original then washed and then try again, so simple! Remember that hair is a lot of fun, definitely not the same as a fieldthe risk of death your head of hair.