This is just a list of things I do to maintain my dark appearance. (I
know, that sounds terribly, well, terrible but I couldn’t word it any
other way). Obviously this list isn’t just “Goth” needs but general
needs for those interesting in the same kinds of things.
- One a month I re-dye my hair, mostly the roots. Around the same amount of time I cute and shave my hair. The more often I shave my undercut the easier it is because it doesn’t blend as well with the rest of my hair. (For more in-depth information just check this video here!)
- Every few days I take the time out to clean my boots. Whether that’s between classes while being bored or before school, or such.
- Removing my make up used to be very tedious for me. Some like just to get in the shower and scrub it off but that usually ends up with a big mess of black across, down and around my face and neck, sometimes hands. First I wash my face is wash water. I try to wipe the resulting black mess off a bit more with a dry face-washer. The left overs are removed with make up remover. Lastly I splash some water on my face to get the remover off completely and put some moisturiser over my eyes to help discomfort from all that darn rubbing.
- I usually would go one week on and one off with nail painting as my nails are very temperamental and need re-charging time to regain oxygen and such. Though I don’t have the time lately. That tends to consist of cleaning my nails, cutting, filing, buffing, washing, moisturising and finally painting.
- Three times I day I take the time out to make my salt water mixture (article here explains what I’m talking about) and soak my nose piercing for ten minutes while watching my daily dose of Youtube subs.
This is what I do to maintain my ooky-spooky-ness (I honestly can’t describe this very well!). How about you? Do you take five minutes every morning to rub sun screen on your tattoo’s? Or change your piercing/hair weekly? Let me know, I’d love, love, love to hear about it.