Poll of the Week: Do You Find Babybats Annoying?

In all honesty I was at a loss for what to ask for this weeks Poll of the Week. Help guys! Comment below with things you’d like to know about your scene , the blogging scene or generally things you’d like me to write about. I’ll take anything into consideration. :3

Link
Without further delay, this weeks Poll of the Week is Do you find babybats annoying?

• All the time.
  • Sometimes.
  • Not really.
  • Only once.
  • I find the term annoying.

We’ve all, or at least the majority, have had babybat years and whether we look back on them as found memories or cringe at the thought we know there were probably a few things that we had just a little bit off. So, check the poll in the top, right hand side bar and don’t forget to comment below about your batling years or even about a nasty (or lovely) experience with one! I’d love to hear!

Best wishes,
-SaryWalrus

1. Katelynn_
    May 7, 2012 / 12:16 pm

I am a babybat myself but i do find it really annoying when(mostly online) I find somone who claims to be goth but has never heard of a single goth band or thinks the goth scene started when Marilyn Manson hit the airwaves.

2. May 7, 2012 / 12:21 pm

Damn, I should have added an option for Babybats themselves! :3

3. Cherish - Babybat's Blog
    May 7, 2012 / 1:15 pm

I second Katelynn's answer…since I am also a babybat myself. I don't really find other babybat's annoying, as we all make our mistakes and have difficulties growing into the subculture. I just hate it when they wear crow makeup. 🙂

-Cherish

4. May 7, 2012 / 1:18 pm

Nah, we all start somewhere, I think if we find something annoying about younglings (such as them not knowing the music) it's our job to help educate them 🙂
    I find the elitists that want to keep the scene "pure" far more annoying than babybats ever could be.

5. star_quality_2004
    May 7, 2012 / 4:08 pm

I don't find babybats annoying, but that may be because there aren't many around here… I'm 22 and I'm often one of the youngest people at Goth events.

When I do see babybats I get kind of nostalgic, they just remind me of all my silly mistakes and all the fun I had running around with eyeliner swirls all over my face =P.

6. May 7, 2012 / 4:21 pm

I only get annoyed with Babybats when they're doing something that would be rude or annoying generally, and not just because it's a goth faux pas, for example, I spotted a pair of young goths in my local supermarket, complimented one of them on their attire and got an angry glare. As I was all gothed up, and obviously a goth too, there's no way what I could have said could have been misconstrued as a sarcastic mundane person, so even if they weren't chatty, they could have at least said thanks. Stuff like that annoys me. Or Babybats mucking around in the mall and congesting the escalator. Other people have to use that escalator. Other goths have to use that escalator. Congregating at the escalator just gets in the way of everyone, it's not some kind of anti-capitalist protest, it's just annoying.

7. May 8, 2012 / 3:03 am

Age-wise, I guess I'm one. I don't mind the term. But I've been Goth (pr considered myself so) for about three-ish four-ish years. I haven't met any annoying babybats but I have certainly met some crabby elders, sadly.

8. Talia Felix
    May 8, 2012 / 4:36 am

I recently was in a dispute about "Babybats" and "Elder Goths" and when one turns to one from the other. Personally I always thought Babybats were like those 11/12 year olds who are trying to be Goth, mostly by painting their faces like The Crow; but apparently a lot of people seem to think you're a Babybat right into your 20s…

9. Gibson White
    May 8, 2012 / 10:27 pm

Some days (like today) I still think I am one….=_= I still embarrass myself. BUT! I think I've been better off than a lot of people I know. I knew about the "baby bat" term very early on, so I think I handled it better than most. Definitely had my awful bright green stripped tights and witch-flats days! XD I still do….