4   63
4   92
5   99
2   72
1   69
6   92

Top 5 Goth Pet Peeves

I‘ve been reading a lot of Lolita pet peeves and decided to do my own Goth one. I think I’ve seen a few Goth versions around as well and I hope you join in as well! Here goes!

Link
  1. Washing. With the insane amount of layers that one wears along comes
    the insane amount of washing. Not to mention that when you have a
    certain, expensively made item it can take a long time to hang-wash or
    do many different types of washing loads, dry each in their own select
    way and then iron for each kind of fabric and pattern.
  2.  Summer. I quite dislike having to dress for warmer weather. Most of
    the time it’s much harder to look put together in forty degrees, not to
    mention what happens to make up.
  3. Falling asleep in your make-up and then waking up with is smeared all over my face.
  4. When I try to have just one pair of un-ripped stockings for school and they end up getting a rip in them. Then I have to put them in my weekend pile and just end up ripping them more.
  5. The fact that all my favourite bands have been broken up for at least five years and I will never be able to see them live.

Best wishes,
-SaryWalrus.

1. Xrrry
        May 4, 2012 / 8:48 am

"and I hope you join in as well!with it smeared all over your face, arms and blankets."

…um. XD

2. May 4, 2012 / 9:06 am

Hahahaha! That was hilarious. This is one of those moment when my 'click and highlight' obsession has done some bad.

I've fixed it now. :3 Thanks for pointing it out.

3. Karoliina Korppoo
        May 4, 2012 / 10:04 am

Washing and smeared makeup! I can't even count how many times I've woken up with black drawn-on eyebrows smeared all over, looking like a beat up cancer patient. And washing Lip Service stuff. They always say dry clean only, but I still wash them with water by hand or with a gentle machine cycle. Haven't yet ruined any garments, but it always stresses me out!

4. May 4, 2012 / 12:16 pm

I hate when my makeup melts off :< especially when my eyeshadow ends up going down my face, which always seems to heppen with my red… Then I end up looking like I'm dying lol

5. May 4, 2012 / 1:14 pm

"it's much harder to look put together in forty degrees"

Ha ha, the temperature difference got me – I live in the USA & use Fahrenheit, so for me 40 degrees is still quite cold. XD

Totally agree on dressing in hot weather, though – it was a muggy 80 F yesterday – I was washing my car & the water kept evaporating every other moment. :]P

6. May 4, 2012 / 1:47 pm

1,2, and 5 Are my issues! I'm still working on conquering the warmer weather and I can always hope for a reunion tour from some bands.

7. May 4, 2012 / 5:17 pm

I hand wash almost everything in my wardrobe. No one is definitely my pet peeve. I use mostly leggins since I live in a cold place, but I have to mend them over and over again. They rip in the seams because of cheap quality.

8. Brea5395
        May 4, 2012 / 10:11 pm

2. and 5. I have to agree I have the same two pet peeves.

9. Talia Felix
        May 8, 2012 / 4:45 am

Hah! #5 is like one of those "Problems Only Goths Have." I can relate.

I hate summer also for reasons of buying clothes. God help you if you need a new pair of (nice) shoes and it's summer! For girls at least, everything available is some kind of peep-toe or sandal. Boots are impossible to get from anything but overpriced specialty stores from March thru August.