This is the third in my series of reviews of a bunch of new items I
bought from Bodyline recently for my birthday. I plan to do rather in
depth accounts of each so I thought it best not to lump the ridiculous
amount of detail pictures into one post.
I decided to pick up a plaid skirt from the costume section of Bodyline, sue me. It’s actually a really nice skirt and I can see it being used a lot! Plus it was insanely cheap for the quality.
Size: 4L (Which was a bit too big for me.)
Fabric: Heavy fabric, very thick.
- I kind of freaked out when I took this skirt out of the package. The bottom of the pleats were completely hemmed. It was easy to cut away though. I was talking to my mother about it and apparently some stores do this to keep the pleats nice and straight. I had no idea, but I don’t doubt that’s the reason.
- Along with the hem I cut away for the pleats I’ve found a bunch of stray red threads all over all of the clothing I bought.
- The hook of the skirt is really sturdy plus it’s movable.
- You can remove the eye of the hook and slide it along this little bar to tighten the fit. I thought it was really awesome and smart! A little unnecessary but pretty awesome.
- I had no idea what this was at first. I thought it was a pocket but couldn’t find any opening.
- Until I found the pocket! It’s hidden in the zipper of the skirt. That’s another pretty awesome thing, considering I never have pockets in my skirts.
Even though this is a costume skirt I think it has the quality of an everyday skirt. I really like it. The red is so bright plus the awesome closure. Plus the hidden pocket. It’s a lot longer than most of my skirts, but they tend to be bordering a slutty length, so I don’t mind the change.