- Suspenders – these are a cheap way to experiment with colour.
- Button Downs. Have fun with this one and experiment with colours and
combinations though it’s clear to me checkered was and still is very
- You don’t have to shave it all. You can shave a section, a lot or a little. Maybe even none at all.
- Jeans. For wearing with boots try rolling the ends up to just above
the top for a classic look. For those that aren’t the pant-wearing-type
try a plaid or camouflage skirt, usually in a mini-style.
- Doc Martens. I’ve heard a few recommend Grinders or Gripfast since
Doc Marten moved it’s company to China and apparently the quality has
changed. Otherwise, workboots and army surplus boots are also great.
- Bomber jackets, military jackets, etc. Alternatively you can go with
more traditional Mod outerwear since the scene developed from Mods.
Things such as cardigans, V-necks and trenchcoats.
- Beware that some pieces of the style can hold connotations of racism such as cherry red Docs.
My article: Skinheads: My Truth, Their Misconceptions
The History Of Skinhead (gives information about history, fashion, colour meanings and hair styles)