But there are few things anyone can do to keep the “Gothing Up” in their life!
|Photo is by SoulStealer on Flickr|
- Plan your outfits when you have time. I know that I’m ridiculously structured but I plan Monday and Tuesdays outfits on Sunday and Wednesday and Thursdays outfits on Tuesday when I know I have time to spare. Waking up at five and floundering for something that looks good is not my ideal way to spend my mornings.
- Dress comfortably! It may just be that when looking at clothes – high on my checklist is “how comfortable would this be?” but when I think I generally have this down. I cringe at the thought of standing in the isle of the crowded bus when it slams on the breaks and I fall into whoever is behind me/trip/slam myself into a poll (all of which happen everyday) and how much worse that would be in heels.
- Prime your make up! No one wants to come home looking like they decided to become a panda or they jumped into a pool with a full face of make-up. Primers really do make a difference!
- Be wary of your accessories. One the positive side accessories make a comfy and simple outfit into something amazing. On the negative side they are easily lost and if they’re broken on a train where all you have to fix it are mints and your laptop it’s more than a little annoying. I still have to replace my mini pair of rosary pliers, that I would carry in my purse in case my shoddy EBay jewellery broke, that airport security stole from me (Boo!).
- Crowded public transport does not equal spikes and studs. I don’t think people will take kindly to you stabbing them constantly. You definitely won’t like it if stabbing yourself. If you’re going to an event or just love wearing spikes try and leave them to accessories that you can easily put on after you’re done with the crowded bus or train.
- Do your make-up/hair while traveling. This is also a great idea if you get to school early and are sitting around waiting for class. You could easily straighten your hair in a public bathroom (The person that I’m referencing knows who I’m talking about!), tease up your hair or apply your lipstick!
- Moisturiser, sunscreen and foundation in one. These kinds of products are huge these days and save a lot of time in the morning. They aren’t just BB creams, though they do also have skin benefits such as fading scars (this is controversial), but can be found anywhere and in lots of different combinations.
Do you have any tips you can give for Gothing-up on the go? Alternatively, do you have any bad experiences of fashion gone wrong?