It’s not as easy to find beautiful dresses suited for Kinderwhore after the nineties. It seems that our dreams for a closet full of vintage, whorable dresses was not meant to be, and that they have all been snatched up. But there are still some sources that if you search well enough, you can find that perfect fit.
|Tumblr – Kinderwhore Shrine|
- Vintage dresses are the way the original Kinderwhores dressed!
- You can find great old-fashioned and vintage dressed at Thrift-stores. A great thing to do to older-fashioned dresses (I wouldn’t advise cutting vintage) would be to alter them to the your favoured length and/or change-up detailing.
- Regular stores often have baby-doll dresses (okay, maybe not as many as when the Spice Girls were popular) and the classic black dress with a peter pan collar is a staple that you can find almost anywhere.
- Custom stores like: My Best Sunday Dress.
- Ebay/etsy! Etsy can be very expensive since it is mostly vintage and custom made but has gorgeous and unique pieces. I’ve had the best results while searching the key word “dolly dress”.
- Perfect patterns can be made from older children’s dress patterns! You will just have to convert the sizing. EBay is great for very cheap patterns.
|New Look – Cutie – Etsy – Modcloth|
What To Look Out For?
- Unique collars
- Lace detailing
- Empire waists
- Delicate beading
- Floral patterns
- Child-like or feminine dresses
- Tea dresses.
- Victorian details.
- Polka dots.
- Princess sleves
- Smock fronts or lace panels.
What are your tips to finding awesome dresses? Have you had any wow moments of finding that perfectly Kinderwhore dress for ridiculously cheap?