Outfit Post: Smokey Eyes, My Favourite Place and What Kind of Dog Collar Is This?

Today I look a ridiculously short trek down the street to one of my favourite places with the beloved to show you guys this new shawl/overthing in full action (in comparison to this post here), my new collar, and a little more alternative of an outfit with terrible hair. Why do you do this to me, hair!

Goth, alternative, outfit, fishnet, make up,
I also tried out a tonne of new make-up stuff that I recently acquired.

My hair just didn’t want to co-operate that day. It may or may not have been the recent trim. I could achieve perfect curls with my regular brushing technique but I don’t like perfect curls, I wanted nicely messy curls. And this is a little too “invisible person is holding a piece of my hair up”, don’t you think?

make up, goth, purple, black, smokey eye,
That’s not snot, it’s a scar from blowing my nose so much when I was sick.

I’m really confused as to the purpose of these random shiny, mirror things on my new collar. My mum has a weakness for sales, so she came home with two different collars not knowing what they were. I snatched them up as soon as I could. This one fits perfectly – too perfectly. Knowing the store she bought it from it’s probably a silly bit of decoration. But if you have any thoughts, I’d love to know?

Australian, landscape, outfit, Goth, stripes, trail,
Overthing: EBay, skirt: Cotton On, Singlet: Second-hand, Collar: Cotton On
fishnet shirt: EBay (originally stockings)Stockings: Anon, Boots: Doc Marten.

This is one of my favourite places in the world. As a child I would come here with my mum to feed the horses just down my street and go inside with my friends to have adventures with ‘sand-witches’ and picnics. The first time I stumbled down this trail with my best friend we looked out towards the sunset to find it partially covered by a large kangaroo on top of some small hills. Unfortunately this once farm turned to ruin and has long since just been a trail to get to the new estates they’re building on top of it. I’m really not a fan of suburbs in which all the houses look exactly the same, and all the trees are demolished and not replaced.

1. July 15, 2013 / 3:39 pm

Very cute outfit! And I've never seen a collar with mirror things on them. I think they're kinda neat, though.

2. July 15, 2013 / 6:39 pm

I think your hair looks great, so I don't know what you mean!

3. July 15, 2013 / 6:57 pm

I agree with Ms Misantropia – your hair looks lovely! This is a really nice outfit too. 🙂

4. July 15, 2013 / 7:27 pm

Perfect solution for messy curls that are not messy enough: run your hands through them a few times, hair spray, and then place the more unruly pieces underneath more tame curls. Always works me for!

5. July 15, 2013 / 11:37 pm

wow i want to live there. I miss nature. and kangaroos! wow that's so awesome. love these photos

6. July 16, 2013 / 7:45 am

I have that ebay skirt! I like your hair trim, it brings out your glorious features! 😀 <3!

7. July 18, 2013 / 8:51 pm

I really like your outfit ^^ It looks wonderful :3 I have a skirt just like that one, but I'm always having trouble coming up with ways to wear it, so I think I'm definitely going to use this for a bit of inspiration ^^

8. July 18, 2013 / 11:08 pm

Your hair is so nice with the curls and the side shave!

9. July 19, 2013 / 6:26 am

Love it! Your outfit truly rocks! Great choices of clothes indeed. Love your makeup too.

10. Anonymous
    July 20, 2013 / 4:26 am

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I really like your blog, but would like to inform you that some of the links on your "lovely bloggers link" don't work and I'm wondering if you need to update the urls or if they no longer are active blogs? thanks.

• July 28, 2013 / 1:07 am

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I'll check it straight away.