Outfit Post: Casually Styling A Blazer & Winged Eyeliner

A while ago I was thrifting and came across a blazer that I fell in love with it. I usually wouldn’t buy anything with shoulder-pads but after trying it on, it fit perfectly!

My last use of my gel-liner before it grew mold.

Oh gosh, please ignore the face!
Blazer: thrifted, blouse: She Inside, shorts: thrifted,
stockings: anon, shoes: Cotton On, earrings: Ebay, silver collar: kmart.

Usually when styling a collared, structured blouse with a blazer it dresses it up into something typically work-appropriate. But with the use of the absurdly short shorts – that help the blazer not overwhelm my tiny stature, the knotted blouse – definitely a teenage trend but gets the title of casual, and ripped stockings – my own staple makes the outfit more casual and comfortable. So comfortable in fact that this was the outfit I wore to get my septum pierced!

When I was first hit with the trend of the ‘knot’ I thought it was something that tweens did in an attempt to flaunt their silhouette – and at the time it was for everyone around me. It wasn’t until someone I really respect fashion-wise (among others) showed me the way of the ‘knot’ that it hit me how versatile it makes clothing that is a boy-fit or even too large.

I can wear this blouse as a dress. If you combine that with the fact that these short, shorts are ridiculously short that leaves with with a blouse that goes down to my knees under my shorts. And so! In comes the miraculous ‘knot’ (I bet you’re getting sick of me writing ‘knot’ and if you aren’t you should be!). Anyway, note to self – don’t judge a trend by it’s followers.

Don’t you just love my shoe accessory? These broke a few days ago. Since I only wear them around the house these days and when doing washing I decided to throw a bunch of electrical tape on the gigantic tear down the front. My eyes are on a new pair of fake-leather flats with little bows.

You can’t really see but my earrings are pretty large ankhs.

How do you guys rock your blazers?

1. August 5, 2013 / 5:01 pm

Gorgeous outfit! 🙂 I love blazers like that one since they can be used to create a "nice" outfit that is still very goth. 🙂

2. August 5, 2013 / 6:49 pm

You definitely rock that blazer & shirt; it's wonderful. Not to mention how lovely & beautiful you look in the last photo (so pretty!!!). Also, those earrings are awesome (new item on must-have list! 😀 )

• August 6, 2013 / 10:16 am

Aww, thank you! I'll link the earrings in a future post but I must admit they're chipping even though they're supposedly metal plated and are heavy enough to be! Dammit eBay!

3. August 6, 2013 / 5:20 am

this looks totally awesome. fancy. (I, too, am tying blouses all the time for some reason.) I bought a blazer not too long ago, but haven't worn it yet since it's summer. They're, strangely enough, a bit too fancy for work—we've got a business casual thing going on.

4. August 6, 2013 / 8:57 am

Is that your true eyecolour? Amazing and beautiful!
    Ha ha you dared to show your at-home-shoes 🙂 Sometimes when my feet hurts I walk in my sons broken crocs, and you know, I would n-e-v-e-r wear crocs.

• August 6, 2013 / 10:17 am

Yes it is my natural eye-colour! It's one of my favourite things about myself. :3

I know exactly what you mean about crocs! Haha!

5. August 8, 2013 / 1:57 am

What a cute outfit! I don't have a blazer, and generally prefer sweaters because they don't feel so restricting, but you have definitely inspired me to take a second look at them. 🙂

6. August 17, 2013 / 1:19 pm

Customer Service At Cosy Styles Fashion. We aim to provide the optimum shopping experience. This comprehensive guide can hopefully clear some doubts and help you customise your own best shopping experience.
    Cheapest dresses or blouse