GASP: Hot Topic Want List

Okay, today I found something brilliant. In Australia we have the general Goth store but we’ve never understood the deal about Hot Topic. Once I remember finding my way onto their website to see what all the fuss was about only to be blinded my flashing advertisements and far too many rainbow kittens. But today I changed my mind.

buffy, the vampire slayer, nightmare on elm street, depeche mode, shirt, shirts, donnie darko, hot topic, wishlist, goth, gothic, alternative, black,
Depeche ModeBuffy The Vampire Slayer
A Nightmare on Elm StreetDonnie Darko

It wasn’t until today (when I found that I actually only have five summer blouses and that has been the cause my summer frustration) that I found myself back onto Hot Topic’s website. This is where I realised that it’s actually a great place to get shirts from!

They have everything from Bauhaus to a Scream shirt that I’ve been looking for everywhere. Though explore their ‘Punk’ section with caution (this always gets to me). What do you guys think?

1. November 15, 2013 / 3:09 am

I actually don't mind Hot Topic. I went to America in 2009 and visited the store in various locations (during my baby bat phase) and fell in love. After a while I stopped looking at their clothing/website and went back to check I think last year and found they completely changed their style. Whilst a fair amount can be considered cheap or tacky, or even looked down upon by some goths, I still like some of the clothing they sell, especially printed shirts. I still have some earrings I bought from them, which I've had for years and still wear. Their shirts are surprisingly a good fit though. Just got to weed out the good from the bad haha

2. November 15, 2013 / 9:44 am

Why there is not such cool things in Finland..

3. November 16, 2013 / 7:02 am

They had me at "Buffy". The t-shirt could've been better but the mere idea that they're selling Buffy merchandising earned them my respect. XD

4. November 18, 2013 / 5:11 am

Oh my gosh I want the Donnie Darko one!! I love Hot Topic, but I think their stuff is a bit overpriced. Of course $7 seems expensive to me, always shopping at thrift stores…

5. November 18, 2013 / 4:23 pm

Yes I'm excited that Hot Topic has gone back to it's roots over the past two years. I'm finally buying from there again. for a stretch of about 5 yrs they were only about neon rave puke, and anime only. Don't get me wrong I do like both, just not at the level they had it. I'm more of a rocker goth, I'll take a comfy pair of jeans and a t-shirt over anything else any day. a decade ago I could get all of that no problem there, and it's finally back to that. 🙂

6. August 5, 2014 / 7:36 pm

I like hot topic, but the only thing I ever buy is jewellery, band merch, nerdy merch and regular merch. I want to get a couple tees there though. Oh yeah, and their buttons are pretty cool