1   53
2   75
6   138
1   53
4   35
3   66

Outfit Post: Winter Fabrics in Summer

I may or may not be getting a little jealous of all you soon-to-be winter lovelies. Inspired by all the outfits I’ve been gawking over, yet I knew I couldn’t pull off a coat in this weather. Instead I pulled together my take on winter style in summers form, showcasing my new velvet dress.

Velvet, velvet, thigh, high, socks, knit, dress, summer, winter, goth, gothic, outfit, post, stud, studded, belt, suede, missguided, asos, gipsy, boohoo,

Velvet, velvet, thigh, high, socks, knit, dress, summer, winter, goth, gothic, outfit, post, stud, studded, belt, suede, boohoo, missguided, asos,
Dress: Missguided, Sweater: Best & Less, Belt: Boohoo, Shoes: Target, Socks: Asos.

This velvet dress is actually a spaghetti strapped, swing dress but with the belt you wouldn’t know at all! I’m looking forward to too-hot-to-leave-the-house days when I can lounge around in it and it’s easy extravagance (at the same time, I’m not though).

For summer, I’ve been adding lots of textured and easy to wear fabrics, like the above velvet. They don’t need much accessorising to look awesome. I prefer them in loose fits or fabrics like the knitted jumper above that allow air flow. Speaking of the sweater it was a great five dollar sale-rack find that keeps heat in during the winter and provides tonnes of air flow in cooler summer days.

The belt is another recent addition to my closet and I just have to say I’m extremely dissatisfied with the current obsession with skinny belts! It was far too difficult hunting down a thick waist belt that I loved.

1. November 29, 2013 / 8:29 am

That fabric is just amazing! And I absolutely love this outfit :3

2. November 29, 2013 / 8:40 am

That outfit is fabulous! πŸ™‚

3. November 29, 2013 / 11:40 am

I love that glowing colour of your dress.

4. November 29, 2013 / 4:26 pm

man, i miss summer already. just busted out the full-body down coat. no more glamor for me this year, lol. loving the velvet

5. November 29, 2013 / 8:45 pm

Aaah, that's such a gorgeous dress! I'm really tempted to make a skirt out of red velvet now.

6. November 29, 2013 / 9:01 pm

Wow! I really like that dress! ItΒ΄s gorgeous!

7. November 30, 2013 / 7:00 am

That dress is just awesome. I've been looking for a dark red velvet dress for ages, and yours is flawless! Also, that colour is very good for you πŸ™‚ plus that dress matches your shoes perfectly. I really like your outfit. You can do very pretty things with very little accessorizing and make-up, and that's very good πŸ˜‰

8. November 30, 2013 / 7:17 am

I love velvet in any weather, but then again, I am used to sweltering as I cover up a lot to protect my skin. I am pretty sure that at some point in the past at least half of my wardrobe was made up of velvet and the other of lace. that is a really great colour too! And I like the slightly distressed looking sweater. You look amazing!

9. November 30, 2013 / 7:26 pm

Very clever combination, and it looks lovely on you! And while it IS getting (slowly) colder here in California, I'm wearing shorts today! πŸ™

10. November 30, 2013 / 9:29 pm

There are not words to describe how much I love this outfit. I've got a bad habit of picking up velvet dresses from thrift stores myself XD