Outfit Post: Real Albino Spiders in my Hair & Voodoo

Shirt: Christmas gift (from last year) | Dress: prombee| Socks: Cotton On | Party dress
In resent times my life has been a bit difficult as of late. We’ve had to bury two kittens and the last two are being heavily watched until they’re taken to the vet tomorrow before we eventually take them to the pound or try to give them away. I never like to get attached to kittens because I’m very protecting and persuasive. I would probably choose to take another kitten into my life over spending money on myself for the next six months. It’s just that the emotional investment overwhelms me.

On the note of animals, do you know what kind of animals I don’t like to be near? Spiders!

ivory prom dress

If you look close enough to the first picture you might be able to make out a white dot in my hair and another on my shoulder. Those aren’t dandruff, guys, those are tiny spiders. I was trying to take polite outfit pictures in a weird space because I didn’t want to people in my regular space to feel awkward having a camera pointed at them. While resting my head against the wall of my house to view the camera, I later found, that I had been resting my head on a nest of a hundred tiny albino spiders and their not so tiny mother. It’s safe to say I freaked the frick out and said screw it to the neighbors.

The last picture emphasises the fact that it then started to rain and thunder. Just my luck. I feel like these two events could just be one big metaphor for my life lately; a hilarious metaphor none the less. “My life is a herd of tiny albino spiders that find their way into my hair just as it starts to rain.”

On the positive side the lip colour I’m wearing is Voodoo by ELF. I recently bought it, along with another called Posh and I’m in love. In actuality it’s a lot more peach toned, but hopefully that’ll show up in the review I’ll be putting up soon!

In the meantime, if you could describe your recent life in one big silly (or not so silly) metaphor what would you choose?

1. December 23, 2013 / 11:51 am

I like the lipstick, it's a great colour, recently I have been quite drawn to the idea of lipsticks that are a fairly natural looking colour and just add a nice tone to your lips.

I am so sorry about the kittens, as for the spiders. Well, I feel, all creeped out now!

• December 23, 2013 / 12:01 pm

Funnily enough, I was never scared of spiders until my partner gave me his fear! But yeah, creepy!

2. December 23, 2013 / 4:27 pm

I'm a recovered (mostly) arachnophobe, so I can sympathize! And even now, I would SO not want them in my hair!!!

As for a metaphor describing my life at the moment, I really can't think of one off the top of my head. But let me substitute one of my favorite lines from the movie "Men In Black", the coroner's comment when a snarky cop brings her a dead corpse and a live cat: "I hate the living…"

• December 24, 2013 / 12:13 am

Nice quote! That's such a great movie. :3

3. December 24, 2013 / 1:20 am

ah! spiders!!!! I'm TERRIFIED of them. and lol you just described how it's like when I try to take pictures out in the real world. Something always goes horribly wrong. there's no private place in nyc, so I always get kids making fun of me, delivery guys riding their bikes, nosy neighbors (I always tell them I'm selling my clothes on ebay), joggers, people walking their laundry…oh it's the worst. I went to the garbage area once and a cockroach flew at me. lol i'll leave you with that imagery for a metaphor of my life right now.

• December 24, 2013 / 3:41 am

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry but the "cockroach flew at me" made me laugh so much! That sounds terrible!

4. December 24, 2013 / 10:19 am

Such a lovely outfit. I really like how the pieces work together, and the lipstick color is a very nice subtile color on you, it looks very good!
    And spiders in your hair? Wahh, I hate spider. On one of my photoshoots, I was standing there, and suddenly there was a spider dangling before my noes. It was dead in 10 seconds flat. I really do not like spiders!!
    I am very curious for your lipstick review!

x Dawn

5. December 28, 2013 / 4:47 pm

I would totally freak out too! I'm also an arachnophobe, so I completely understand. It's one of the things holding me back from visiting my relatives in Australia, your giant spiders!