Leopard Print: Staple or Addiction?

This is run on from this post, where I collected images of my collared blouses!

Now, while a lot of people claim leopard is a neutral print that works for anyone, I believe that you either love it or you hate it. Saying this, these are not all of my leopard pieces (my pillow is leopard, actually, it’s pretty obvious that I am addicted.

photo Leopard2_zpsf99078bc.jpg
LinkLinkLink
LinkLink – Uh, no link?

I like leopard because I think that it’s a very easy way to add interest to an outfit. It doesn’t have to be a ‘sexy’ kind of interest (I don’t do sexy), even though the print draws that from a lot of people’s minds. It could be a punky interest or styled in a rock ‘n’ roll kind-of-way. You can find it everywhere and on any kind of person, which really does speak for how versatile it can be.

I wouldn’t call it a neutral myself, though. It’s versatile in a stylistic way but I could never pair leopard with tartan, or polka-dots because I think they’re either too contrasting or too similar.

But you tell me, how do you wear your leopard? Is it a staple or an addiction?

1. September 15, 2014 / 12:59 pm

I think it's a staple in my addiction…to animal prints 😉

2. September 15, 2014 / 2:07 pm

I personally hate it but it looks good on you!

3. September 15, 2014 / 3:17 pm

I love it as well and your outfits with the print look perfect!

4. Anonymous
    September 15, 2014 / 6:47 pm

Hope to see the lovely poem: BEFORE SUNRISE on your FB Page

5. September 15, 2014 / 10:31 pm

Leopard is indeed a cool print, though I like seeing it on other people rather than wearing it. I do love zebra print a bit more 🙂

6. September 16, 2014 / 1:24 pm

I love leopard! I have brown hair, so the classic print looks awsome on me! I like it in other colours as well. The funny thing was that I hated it when I was a kid. then I thought it's too slutty, Now, I don't know if that makes sense to anyone, but it makes me feel stronger, bolder and more outstanding. when I wear it I imagine I'm a leopard or a tiger.

7. September 17, 2014 / 12:11 am

I'm not a fan at all personally, but you pull it off nicely!

8. September 29, 2014 / 8:23 pm

Funny, my favorite way to pair up leopard is with contrasting patterns like tartan or floral – but I'm a fan of mixing prints so….

I do think leopard is a neutral, but just like other neutrals (like chambray) not everyone will consider it a staple in their wardrobe. Lucky for me, I don't buy into the notion of staples so leopard just boils down to something I adore wearing and looking at. 🙂