PUNK RAVE | AN UNDERRATED GOTH BRAND

I remember when I was younger. When I would troll eBay for second hand Demonia’s and Gallery Serpentine corsets. The first think I’d always find when I typed “Goth Shoes” or “Goth Clothes” into the search bar was Punk Rave clothes.

Punk Rave has always been a brand that I’ve associated with Visual Kei clothing, costume type Japanese street wear. The kind of brand teenagers wear to anime conventions. (Don’t get me wrong, I go to anime conventions – they’re a great place to find small brands!) But over the years Punk Rave have come a long-long way!

Just check out the clothes above. They do have some costume style clothes – but that can be good for some intense Goths in hot weather – but they also have some nice toned down street wear for alternative people like me. My favourite pair of sensible pants (i.e. not short-shorts or ripped to the nines) are from them!

Have you ever worn Punk Rave? I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on more of it!

1. July 18, 2016 / 10:39 pm

Goodness those sleeves are gorgeous.
    Googling them now!

2. July 19, 2016 / 11:38 am

I LOVE Punk Rave coats. I own one, which took several months to arrive (not Punk Rave's fault) and turned out to be way too big. I'm a chubby person so that was a little surprising, but I had it tailored and wearing it instantly turns my day into a magical adventure of badass street-crossing with a theatrically billowing garment following closely behind *_*

• July 19, 2016 / 8:36 pm

Wow, that's strange, nearly everything I've ever looked at is too small for me, and I've had to return a coat from them, and I'm only an L to XL in other brands.

3. July 19, 2016 / 8:34 pm

Their stuff is so gorgeous but the sizing is small, it doesn't go high enough, sighhhhh

4. July 20, 2016 / 3:55 am

I think it's interesting that as a Chinese brand they're almost exclusively using western models for their clothing these days. I remember when stock photos features cutesy Asian girls wearing crazy bondage pants – I loved the juxtaposition. Oh well.

5. July 20, 2016 / 11:53 am

I've seen their stuff on tumblr, but never knew what brand it was. Thanks for the introduction!